Having trouble coming up with the perfect last-minute Valentine’s Day date idea to surprise your S.O.? We’re here to help.
Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, and if you haven’t made any rezzies, you may be feeling a bit defeated. Well, I have some good news for you, my procrastination-prone friend — all is not lost. There are plenty of Valentine’s Day date ideas that involve little to no planning or preparation. From romantic picnics to DIY meals, you’ve got more than enough to choose from.
Here are some last-minute Valentine’s Day date ideas.
- Morning people? Eat breakfast in bed and spend the whole day there, too!
- Binge-watch a new series on Netflix.
- Book a room at a hotel or Airbnb and get out of your flat for a day (and night).
- Stock up on scones, cakes and sandwich supplies and have afternoon tea at home
- Head to the closest karaoke bar and spend the evening singing sappy duets.
- Skip the expensive trip to the spa and transform your own bathroom into a relaxation oasis (don’t forget to grab bubbles, bubbly and bon bons).
- If you’re looking for a free and fun Valentine’s Day date idea, gave a game night.
- Forget about going to a fancy restaurant and cook dinner at home instead.
- Spend the day strolling through art galleries and museums.
- Bundle up and have a picnic in your favourite park (or your living room).
- Buy a few bottles of chardonnay, shiraz and bordeaux and stage your very own wine tasting sesh.
- Create a killer Valentine’s Day playlist and dance the night away.
- Purchase a few brushes, some canvases and paint and channel your inner Van Goghs.
- Book a yoga or cycle sesh and get a little sweaty together.
- Here’s a creative Valentine’s Day date idea: create a romantic scavenger hunt around your hometown for your S.O.
- Hop in the car and take a day trip to a neighbouring town.
- Do some stargazing (if you want to go the extra mile, you could even buy your partner a star online).
- Go head to head in an at-home version of Bake Off.
- Use YouTube to learn a new skill (it’s got everything from tips on salsa dancing to palm-reading tutorials).
- Create a blanket fort and camp out.
- Go shopping and buy each other an outfit.
- Cozy up at your favourite coffee shop.
- Pretend to be tourists and check out all the hotspots in your city.
- Break out the booze and have a cocktail-making challenge.
- Take a break from the chilly February weather and visit a tropical conservatory.
- Do a bar crawl of your favourite watering holes.
- Looking for an uber romantic Valentine’s Day date idea? A marriage proposal or elopement might be the perfect thing to do (only if you’re ready!).